A lot of people don't realize how much dedication and determination is required to maintain weight loss during and after surgery...
My suggestion to anyone who wants Weight Loss Surgery check to see if you can dedicate yourself to 7 to 14 days of healthier food behaviors.
Here is a start plan. Consult your doctor first and Start your process !
Good Luck :-))
JUMP STARTWEIGHT LOSS PLAN:
EXERCISING during this process IS A MUST !
NO CHEATING !
Start and Continue for 7-14 days.
- Decrease most fats (no fried foods, no whole milk products - skim milk or 2% milk only).
- No sugary foods (sweets, candy, and soda).
- Use only zero calorie Sweeteners: Equal or Splenda to slightly sweetenyour food/drinks.
- No high carbohydrate foods (bread, white potatoes, yams, white rice, brown rice, oatmeals, and pastas)
- DO eat substitutions: Cauliflower or Broccoli Rice, Quinoa, Zoodlesare OK.
- Stop smoking.
- Avoid alcohol.
- No Gatorade - only G2 as a substitution.
- Avoid binge eating - especially at night after 7pm/8pm.
- DO eat plenty of Fruits and most Vegetables.
- Drink lots of Water and Unsweetened Teas (Unsweetened Green Teas are a great option!)
- DO eat 5-6 times a day to keep metabolism going.
Sample Daily Menu:
Breakfast: Hard Boiled Egg, Two slices of Turkey and a Babybel cheese
Snack: 1-1/2 Cup ofFresh Fruit
Lunch: Salmon, Veggies, and 1/2 cup of Quinoa
Snack: One hard boiled egg
Dinner: Baby Spinach Salad - no dressing, Plenty of veggie toppings, 5 ounces of grilled chicken
Dessert (options): Sugar free Jello OR One 4 ounce Plain Yogurt (no granola toppings/no fruit on the bottom yogurts)
DO eat lots of lean Protein:
- Roasted Chicken
- Seafood (Salmon, Flounder, Tuna, Shrimp, Oysters, Mussels, Calamari, etc.)
- Roasted Pork
- Carved Turkey
- Lean Beef(85%/15% fat or 90%/10% fat)
Practice this for 7 to 14 days then give yourself 21-28 days between practicing this JUMP START WEIGHT LOSS PLAN again.