I can't stand being bloated or swollen during the summer warm weather months !!!
Tightness felt in your clothing, in your skin... the perfuse sweating... UGH :-O
I now use food for good instead of evil - Just call me "Wonder Woman of Food" - LMAO !!
I make certain foods a standard part of my diet during the warm weather months to ensure that inflammation and bloating is down... and that I am bikini ready at all times.
Here are some of my favorite de-bloating and anti-inflammatory foods I keep in my kitchen at all times during the Spring/Summer season:
- Cherries - Nature's natural pain reliever... Some compare the relief of cherries to ibuprofen!
- Salmon - The omega -3 fats suppress inflammation and boost creation of anti-inflammatory agents within the body.
- Strawberries - The vacuum of the foods ... strawberries capture and sweep up harmful free radicals within the body allowing inflammation to go waaaay down.
- Tomatoes - The lycopene in tomatoes has been known to aid in lowering cancer and cardiovascular risks as well as suppress other forms of inflammation .
- Avocado - Contains monounsaturated fats and antioxidants... giving inflammation and boating a one two punch.. Try adding avocado on your hamburger instead of just the meat protein... Your body will love you for it :-))
- Greens - Broccoli, Cauliflower, Cabbage, Kale, Mustard Greens, Watercress, Kohlrabi, etc .. Most all greens help ease bloating and inflammation because they help to push the toxins out of your digestive tracts.. keeping your lower intestines and colon clean.
- Mushrooms - Lowers inflammation and bloating AND improves your overall immune system! That fungi is fabulous !!
- Turmeric (spice) - Cook with this spice a few times a week and watch the bloating go bye-bye. Its an overall good anti-inflammatory agent.
Healthy Foods can be a source of Healing.
"If you want to awaken all of humanity, then awaken all of yourself, if you want to eliminate suffering in the world, then eliminate all that this dark and negative in yourself. Truly the greatest gift you have to give is that of your own transformation..." - Lao Tzu